Within Assignments you can create a schedule with staggered dates for students to submit their work. Staggered schedules work great for workshops where you want participants to focus on the work of individual students.
📝Note: You will only be able to schedule students once they have joined your class and your class in running.
In this article:
- Create and assign a Staggered Schedule: Assignments
- Create and assign a Staggered Schedule: Lessons
- What does it look like?
Create and assign a Staggered Schedule: Assignments
There are two ways to create a staggered schedule - while adding an assignment to a Lesson or from the Assignments page.
1. Click the New Assignment button - add a title and description for your assignment before continuing.
2. In the assignment requirements section, find Due date for Students.
3. Select Staggered schedule.
4. You can now assign different dates to different students, then click Add to schedule
✨The orange box will let you know which students still need to be scheduled.
5. Once you have allocated students a due date, you will see a schedule.
If you would like to edit or delete a date, simply click the pencil or trashcan icons shown under Actions.
💡Tip: If you would like to change an existing assignment to a staggered schedule, simply click on the three dots and enter edit mode to continue.
Create and assign a Staggered Schedule: Lessons
When adding an assignment within a lesson, you can also created a staggered schedule.
1. Within your lesson click Add Assignment.
2. From the assignment requirements section, find Due dates for Students.
3. Select Staggered Schedule.
4. Assign your students to different dates and Add to Schedule.
5. On the left column under where you specify the word count and mark as optional, you will see the Pending responses.
What does this look like?
To you and your students, the staggered schedule on the Assignments page will look quite similar.
Students will show under Pending with their scheduled due date.
From the Student's Class Home page, their scheduled date will show with their other deadlines under the Deadlines tab - they will not see other students' due dates.