What kind of feedback can you give?
You have several ways to give feedback to your students, both public and private, informal or formal.
- Annotate with inline comments: You can select text and publicly comment on the selected text. Others can also add to your comments, allowing you to have whole conversations around selected bits of text.
- Annotate with highlighters: You can use custom highlighters on selected text. A highlighter can be a strikethrough, underline or highlight using a color (and label), of your choice.
- Critique: This is a more formal. It will appear in 'Deadlines' and be viewable by the class (depending on your setting). If you are using critiques in your class, you can set how they are assigned to students and when critiques can be viewed by students.
- Give private feedback: Sometimes, you’ll want to provide feedback that is just between you and a student.
- Provide general comments: In addition to Inline comments, you may also provide general, short comments on a work at the bottom of the page. We recommend you use this only if you don't know want to require a formal critique (such as with optional assignments).