Typically, in online classes, students are rarely working at the same time. This means, on writing assignments, critiques from students can be submitted at different times.
Some instructors prefer that all critiques be available for everyone to read as soon as they are posted. Others prefer to keep all critiques private until after the due date - so critiques are written without any influence of other reviews.
In this article:
- Critique visibility options
- Set critique visibility
Critique visibility options
Wet Ink offers these options for critique visibility:
- Open: All students can read critiques as soon as they are posted.
Closed: Critiques are blurred for students.
You can choose to open them manually, or automatically with these options:
Allow authors to read critiques on their own work - authors can see the feedback on their work as soon as it is posted.
Automatically unlock critiques after their due date - critiques will be open to everyone after the due date.
Set critique visibility
1. When creating an assignment , select Require Peer Critiques.
2. Under Critique Visibility, choose to have critiques be either be Locked or Open.
3. If choosing Locked, make sure that you check the boxes that apply to your critique requirements.
💡Tip: You can change this at any time by entering Edit Mode on an assignment.
Your students will see a message letting them know how many critiques are required of them and when they will be able to see the critiques on their own work.