A One-on-One mentorship is similar to a self-paced course with the added bonus of having an instructor on hand to answer your questions.
In this type of class, you still work through the material at your own pace, but you can also communicate with your instructor from the Class Home.
In this article:
- Your class home
- Complete lesson material
Your "Class Home" page gives you an overview of your class.
From here you can:
- Start and participate in conversations with your mentor.
- Work on class material that has been provided.
- Find class resources added by your course provider.
- View your class news for all class activity.
Completing lesson material
All your class material will be added to "lessons" on your class home page - work through these at your own pace.
1. To enter a lesson, click on its title.
2. Within a lesson you may have different sections to complete.
These sections can be made up of course material 📖 and assignments 🖋
Working through these sections will contribute to the progress bar at the top of the page.
3. You might also find that there are readings and questions added to lessons. You will need to complete each question in order to be marked as "complete".
Under "Assignments" you will find all open assignments requested by your instructor.
Assignments can be part of lessons, as well as separate, general assignments. Both types will be shown here.
Things to note:
- Click the blue button next to each assignment to start your response.
- You can ask questions about assignments, or make general comments, by using the "Questions and Comments" section.
- Assignments that are created within lessons will be shown at the bottom under the name of the Lesson.
From the "Discussions" page, you can participate in, and start conversations with your mentor.
From this page you can:
- Use "start a conversation" to begin a new discussion.
- Participate in ongoing discussions by adding comments.
- Go back and see older discussions that are not shown on the Class Home.